Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today's dish: Chestnut Cake

My twin sister and I like to take on obscure and unusual recipes; we bake and cook them in our Rego Park kitchens.  Today's recipe is: Chestnut Cake!  My sister made it!  I was passing by her apartment on my way in from Queens Blvd, and she told me to stop in, she had something for me.  Lo and behold, it was this cake!  I hadn't even known she was making it (we usually divulge our baking plans to each other in advance).  Happy surprise!






The above two pics show the orange container my sister gave me the cake in...




This is the cake, plated (minus a few bites).

Just delightful - the icing tastes like real whipped cream, with a slight chestnut aftertaste.  The cake is light and fluffy.

2 comments:

  1. OH wow, you posted a pic of my Gesztenyeszelet! - Hungarian for Chestnut Slices!!! Just thought I'd try using that can of chestnut puree in a recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found that recipe in the Cafe cookbook! That's a lot of chestnut!!!
      I'm thinking of making the Milchrahmstrudel today!!!

      Delete